For the past few months this is how I consume the content on the web and mobile, I primarily use this method to read longer blog posts and articles. I also use it to save articles so that I can read them later.
What’s the current problem?
You would ask “what’s the current problem that it requires this kind of solution?”. Well, the current problem is that there are many great blogs and websites on the web that are simply difficult to read. This could be due to many reasons. Here are some of them:
- using small font sizes for the content
- using dark backgrounds behind the content
- using difficult to read font-styles
- blog layout is not user-friendly
- too many ads on the blog
- etc etc.
Solution is a product called Readability that works with your web browsers, smartphones and tablets. Here is how it works.
1. You sign up for an account with Readability and drag the browser bookmarklets to your browser’s toolbar. Bookmarklet works with all the major web browsers. (You can also install Google Chrome extensions)
2. And when you are browsing the web and come across a good blog post or an article that you would like to read..
3. You just press the bookmarklet and it will send that particular page to your Readability account. Google Chrome extension gives you few options when you press the button; Read Now, Read Later, and Send to Kindle. Continue reading