Summary, with some paraphrasing;
- Before 20 years old – be a good student, gain experience. This is the time to take risks, fail and learn from your experiences.
- Before 30 years old – follow somebody, go to small company. Choose a good boss and not chase after a good company. You will learn a lot of things from good boss.
- Between 30 – 40 years – this is the time to be an entrepreneur and be your own boss.
- Between 40 – 50 years – do the things that you are good at, don’t try to learn new stuff at this age. Focus on things that you are good at.
- Between 50 – 60 years – work for the young people, rely on them, invest in them. Because young people can do better than you.
- After 60 years old – enjoy the life, spend time with yourself and family.
Jack Ma’s regrets are – that he worked too hard and didn’t spend enough time with his family. And that if he had another chance, he wouldn’t live his life the same.